Hello members and friends of Love’s UMC,As we enter into May, I wanted to make you aware of a few upates!
Church Continues to be Closed until 2nd Phase (June)
- The Church Council decided to continue our canceling of all church related activities and worship until the 2nd Phase (June)
- The Church Council and other committees are discussing a plan for reopening
- I know everyone misses the church! We want to make sure it is safe for all our members and visitors before we reopen
Holy Communion & Honoring Graduates:
- This Sunday, we will honor our graduates and participate in an at-home communion
- I will bless the communion elements on YouTube and you will take them at home
- Go to our website to the “Worship Online” page and download the
“Holy Communion for COVID-19“ document.
- Before you plan to watch the service, get your elements ready
- You will want to gather: Bread/crackers and grape juice. If you do not have grape juice, use your best judgment on a replacement (i.e. juice, water).
- I know this is a little unusual but these are unusual times
- Mother’s Day is a little different this year!
- We will honor mothers in our YouTube Service on May 10th in pictures
- Send a picture to me, Pastor Tracy, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Facebook or in the mail (PO Box 8, Walkertown, NC 27051)
- Write a note with the picture telling me the name of your mother and who she the mother of
- Last day to give me pictures is Wednesday, May 6th
- Join us every Wednesday at 6 pm on Zoom (Join Zoom Meeting, https://zoom.us/j/9781551447, Meeting ID: 978 155 1447)
- On May 6th we will begin a new study “You’ll Get Through This“ by Max Lucado
- We watch a video together and then discuss
Committee Meetings & Church Office:
- Dial in Number for all Meetings: (425) 436-6306 Access Code: 885781#
- Trustees Meeting – Wednesday, May 6th at 7 pm
- Finance Meeting – Monday, May 11th at 10 am
- Church Council – Wednesday, May 20th at 7 pm
- Church Office is open every Thursday from 8 am-4 pm. If you need any assistance at any time when the office is not open, please call Pastor Tracy (336) 422-6807
- Familis are continuing to receive food through the Food Pantry through appointment
- Contact Sharon Tart, (336) 423-9302, if you have a need or know of someone with a need
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for continuing to give so generously to Love’s UMC!
- Contributions this week $4,689.97
- Thank you for mailing in and giving online to the mission and ministry at Love’s!
Thank you for your patience, flexibility, love, care, and kindness toward your Pastor and each other during this most difficult time! We are the church no matter where we are or where we meet!